UPDATE: The submission deadline for position papers has been extended to August 15th.
This one-day workshop brings together researchers and practitioners to share knowledge and practices on educating the next generation of games industry professionals. The workshop is open to participants with a diverse range of interests and expertise, aiming to explore current educational research and practice, and develop a roadmap that identifies future research collaborations and priorities. Organisers invite a broad range of contributions, including:
- design, development, and evaluation of teaching activities and interventions;
- application of specific pedagogical approaches and teaching strategies;
- technology use to support educational practice;
- education for specific student groups or game development contexts;
- scaffolding and sequencing of learning within a study program;
- the impact of external stimuli (e.g., industry partners, game jams) on learning outcomes; and
- approaches to connect theory to game design and development practice.
Participants are invited to submit a 4-page position paper (in the CHI extended abstracts format) aligned with these topics to EasyChair. Submissions should present clearly identifiable ideas, problem statements, methodologies, outcomes, and/or approaches that address the challenges of teaching theory, design and/or development. Authors may describe ongoing work, case studies, recent results, ideas, opinions, and approaches related to the workshop topics. Position papers should consider how educational practice is influenced by the characteristics of educational spaces, pedagogy, learners, and/or specific tools and techniques. A short biography of the author(s) attending should also be included.
Submissions will be reviewed, and the organising committee will select up to 20 participants according to relevance, quality of results, research diversity, and likelihood of stimulating and contributing to the discussion. If accepted, at least one author must register for the workshop, and for one or more days of the conference.
All times are 23:59 Hawaii-Aleutian Time Zone (UTC -10:00). You can convert this to your local time here.
- Submission deadline:
August 1stAugust 15th, 2018
- Notification of acceptance: August 31st, 2018
- Workshop: October 28th, 2018